I mean that both literally and figuratively. It's actually not pouring down rain anymore, though the sky is clouding up and the second wave is on it's way. Yesterday we got more than 1/3 of our annual rainfall in 18 hours. By 2pm when I left for work my little frog rain gauge was overflowing. Froggie can hold 5 inches and I have no clue how long he'd been full. Then when I got home around 8 pm he had two more inches, so we got at least 7... possibly quite a bit more. We had minor flooding, but so far nothing dramatic. The next storm might change that though.
I love going to the airport weather report though... we have such dramatically different micro climates in our area that sometimes when I look at the "official" weather from the airport weather station it looks as if they must be in another state! I see that they recorded a total of 2.9 inches of rain yesterday. Um... maybe their frogs are smaller than mine? My neighbor's 5 inch tube also overflowed, so I'm not delusional. Apparently we need bigger frogs.
Then came the other flood; the work one. One of the other MFTs got hurt and is off her feet for at least 2 months, thus my 2 days a month just shot up! Looks like I'll probably work 6 days between now and the first, and that's not including my practicum days. So while I'm piling on hours and making some much needed dinero, I am not getting a break.
Just wrapped up my third integrated report that went to court almost untouched by my supervisor. W00T! I'm feeling really good about my improvement in that department, but I still have such a long way to go in terms of feeling confident about my test interpretations. And how come all these people are so darned muddy? The textbook cases are always so straightforward and tidy. LOL!
Shipping all my Christmas gifts today and then I'll have that little chore done. Cards still not printed, much less customized and sent and the house is exactly as decorated as it got the day after my break began. Oh well. Merry merry and lots of nog to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Six days a week now? Whoa, so much for a break!
It's interesting how the weather is so different there, depending on what part of the county someone lives in. I think the frog is much smaller in N. County and at the airport ;)
I think doing an integrated report on a real person is so much more interesting than the textbook cases, just because of the fact that they are so muddy!
Have a nice holiday and don't work too hard!
Thats a lot of working for the break! Try to relax when you can and have a happy christmas!!!
Post a Comment