Well I am now not just 40, I am officially Forty Something. Sigh. I'm on the fat side for me, too, but I wanted CAKE today, so screw it, I'll just get a little fatter between now and the end of the year. Being food conscious over the holidays is just no fun, you know? (she rationalizes madly)
Had a nice day though, and managed to finish a report that has been plaguing me for three weeks now, so I am doubly happy! My mother in law gave me a gift card to my favorite coffee place, so I'm in 7th heaven anticipating being able to indulge my caffeine monkey in style without feeling guilty. Scored some other very nice stuff too, which makes the fat and the age a little easier to bear. LOL!
Come January I will be a good girl and get back on track with my eating and exercising habits. It's been hard to eat right and exercise as a grad student. Some people really rely on that to keep them sane, but that's just not who I am... the comfort food and caffeine are what keeps me sane and exercise for the sake of exercise has always made me grumpy. Whatever, it'll all work out in the end!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Happy, happy birthday :)
I've gotten a bit wider over the past few years, too. It's way hard to do the right thing when there are a million school assignments and papers calling your name. I need to get out and walk more.
Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Mamabeek...Happy birthday to you!
Congrats on getting through the semester too.
Happy birthday!! (One day late.) There are a lot of birthdays this week. Today is my best friend's birthday, and our graduate assistant's birthday, and tomorrow is my favorite former roommate's birthday... 9 months ago must be a popular time to have sex!
Happy Birthday and welcome to the dignified age. The food/exercise thing may or may not come together during grad work. Don't kick yourself too often - the grad work is hard enough!
Enjoy your 40s, which are after all, the new 20s.
Happy birthday!! I hope you ate lots of good cake. Enjoy your coffee house gift card! Thats fun! :o)
Oh yes and enjoy your much needed break.
Thank you everyone for the kind wishes. Still eating the cake and still fat, but I have managed to exercise every day of my break, so that's something anyway.
Psychgrad... what a lovely singing voice you have! ;p
Post a Comment