Well damn! I am being offered hours upon hours of work at my practicum over the break. This is wonderful with respect to packing in the numbers, but people, I want a BREAK on my break, for heaven sakes! This coming week I will have to set very stern boundaries to keep from working every single day except Christmas. I want to just step back up to 3 days a week, not five. But all in all it's good and will make up for the hours I'm going to lose when I drop the counseling part of my practicum.
Today though... today is for decorating, cleaning the fish tank and baking cookies! Going to hang with a couple of friends from school this afternoon too, since one of them has a relative up here she's visiting.
So far have shopped for my sweet love, both my sisters, my niece, one brother in law and my mother. It's bothersome that when I finally have time to shop I discover it's nearly Christmas and the shipping everywhere is going to be tight. Damn! I will NOT do my holiday shopping when I'm trying to go to school too. Got to improve on foraging gifts all year so there isn't such a crush.
I did write my annual year end poem over the weekend though, and now I just have to print it and send it out. Nice as e-cards are, I am a firm believer in putting hand written treats in people's snail mail boxes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't that the way it goes. I get a couple days to yourself and someone just wants to hog them all up. I am happy to see that you are setting those boundaries.
I am mostly done with my shopping but like you I need to be better at buying presents through the year so I am not spending tons of money in one month. The problem is I don't have anywhere to hide them. :P
This year I helped someone with their yearly Christmas letter. It was fun. I don't do anything like that myself but I think it would be cool to start one even though I don't have kids or anything just to better connect with the people I would send it to. I also think it would be fun to catalog my years like that and be able to look back on it. I think snail mail stuff is better then internet stuff any day.
I also think that receiving snail mail treats are much much better than e-cards. It's nice that you take the time and make the effort to send things to your friends and family.
Hope you have a nice time with your friends/family over the christmas holidays. You certainly deserve the break. I think my therapist deserves all the time she is taking off as well. It's just sad for me when she goes away. But I do understand she has to.
Take care, have a great holiday.
Polar B.
S-girl, I write a poem every year about what has happened to whom. My parents always did this (and still do) so I am carrying on the tradition. My dad used to hand make all their cards, too; he's a fantastic artist. I'm not quite that enterprising though, even with computers to assist me. I do hand write notes on every poem though.
LOL, p bear, I haven't read your blog for long, so I had no idea who it was that was going away, why, or for how long. I imagined it was an SO. Sorry you are alone, but it's good your T will be back and all recharged for you eventually. Being a therapist is draining work, that's for sure. I hope you manage have a wonderful holiday anyway.
Post a Comment