Sunday, July 22, 2007

Endnote Endgame...

GAAAAAAHHHHH! Sorry... I wasn't sure how else to articulate that particular emotion. So call me alexithymic. Hmph!

I got a 30 day trial of Endnote yesterday and I tell ya, I am not having fun with it today. Does anyone out there use this and if so, what do you think of it? Been trying to use the help index and have succeeded only in becoming convinced I am an idiot. I want to connect it to my library database, but then I have all these insane layers of passwords to go through, so I'm dubious I can do that. Even just importing a reference from a PDF isn't so simple... for me anyway. I'm usually pretty good with new software, but this one's eluding me.

I found a couple of online tutorials that look decent, but screw it, I'm not wasting any more of my Sunday time on this when I could be playing WoW.

Pooh.

3 comments:

~T~ said...

Hey, you play WoW?! I have the software and a 90 day gift card, but I've been chicken to try it out. Since you're in that world, maybe I'll give it a whirl when this inconvenient bar exam is over.

Donna said...

Good luck with EndNotes. I've never tried it, so I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but I sure hope you can figure things out, especially with all those passwords!

It's much more fun to play WoW :)

Mamabeek said...

Oh Tam honey, the stories I could tell... muah! WoW rocks, but it's mega-addictive, so tread with caution. But then if you already have the software and three months worth of play time, well it would be a crime not to use it! Just e me when you're ready and perhaps you can join my two classmates and me in our experiment. Wanna be published?

Thanks Donna, I played instead and won't have time to get back to Endnote until Wed. Perhaps I'll be in a better place to get my head around it then. Summer weekends are no time for drudgery, at least not school or work oriented drudgery!