Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Concert

Can you see the heat waves? Maybe if you click on the images to make them bigger you'll see. Trust me, they were there...


The Lynyrd Skynyrd concert - from a distance and from the perspective of a short person who is perpetually having to jump up and down or stand on something to see at concerts. Sigh. She's also sorry she doesn't have a real zoom lens. Some day...



So the gang that didn't want us sitting under their tree is the Moloch gang. Moloch seems to be another name for the god Ba'al, worshiped in the Near East and represented by a man with the head of a bull. He's considered to be a demon in other cultures. Bull headed seems a fitting term for the woman who confronted us.

And speaking of bulls... well maybe this isn't one, but I loved this shot I took out my bedroom window last week!
Apparently those new horns are ITCHY!!! Yeah, my internet connection is slow as fuck and I have no cell phone reception out here, but this is the flip side of rural living.

And then I just had to throw these couple in that I took inside my house!

My friend, S, saw this little thing at a yard sale and seemed to think Gus needed it. Apparently she knows his tastes because he LOVES it! Now if only we knew who the heck Tobey was...

No, this is not Tobey, it's Entrée, and this is what AR refers to as his purple condom. I got it on clearance for the cats' stay in the duck aviary while we were evacuated during the fumigation. Entrée immediately recognized that it was meant for royalty and, hideous as it is, it is now a permanent living room fixture. Anything for His Majesty!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Love the pictures! They're great :)

Di Di said...

Awwwww! The cat is adorable, and the bed looks comfortable... I can see why he likes it.