Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sheer Bliss

Wow. So tonight AR and I are sharing an ice cream bar. I just recently saw this box with a picture of dark chocolate covered pomegranate ice cream (made with POM wonderful and all their amazing antioxidants, of course) and just had to try it. There we are sitting and munching our Sheer Bliss bar and I'm reading the back of the box. It shows four pretty cannisters, each with a flavor written on it: California Pomegranate, Pomegranate with Dark Chocolate Chips, Vanilla with Pomegranate Swirl, and Freedom. WHAT? Yeah, that's right, it just says Freedom.

"What's that?" I ask AR, pointing at the picture.

He gasps and looks up at me in wonder, with an edge of horror in his eyes.
"You don't know the taste of Freedom?" he says; incredulous.

I'm horrified and something in my stomach turns over. I realize it's true... here I am as American as can be with Independence day coming up tomorrow and the works and I have NEVER tasted freedom! I haven't the first idea what it's like. Obviously it's Sheer Bliss, because it says so on the box, but I don't even know what COLOR freedom is! I'm so ashamed...

1 comment:

Mamabeek said...

The response of a good friend:

I believe, that if Freedom had a color, it would be that bluey sort
of RandomBerry color; and it would taste, I say it would taste, as
differently to each of us, as our perceptions of the word do differ.

*snif*