+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The truck has been pretty much stripped out. The tires and rims are gone and replaced with some cheap worn out tires and old rims; both windows are smashed in, there is a major dent in the passenger door and the paint is scratched down the sides. The stereo is gone, along with the speakers, the subwoofer and the custom box, the additional Infinity speakers in a box in the back that were extras she had… The dash board is cut to ribbons for no apparent reason. The gear shift knob is half missing (???) The controllers for the custom suspension are gone. Every scrap of everything is gone from inside the truck including fast food trash, tampons in the glove box, etc, not to mention the approx. $1400 worth of CD’s she had in a nice case. The new stainless tool box is gone with all of its contents which included lots of new tools, tire chains, flashlight, jump/compressor station, jumper cables, a sleeping bag, a nice winter coat, cargo nets, the works.
On the up side, the upholstery is in mint condition and, after all, we do still have the truck…
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So what's the deal with the dashboard and the gear shift? I understand it was found with a bunch of full gas cans and bolt cutters in the back, so whoever took it apparently wasn't quite finished with it. Gas to drive to Mexico and bolt cutters for the gates or fences maybe? Who can say, but whatever the plan, it was certainly a nefarious one. But why the utter trashing? Is that anger going on or what? These kids I work with give me the most cockeyed reasons for doing what they do that I suppose there is probably some "logical" cause for this in some twisted person's head. It feels like a snapshot of a serial killing to me... victim horribly mutilated, forced to do nightmarish things and then the corpse abandoned in a ditch somewhere. Gah! I'm so sorry for my niece, as this was her 'space' you know? And this is the second time, too. Her first truck she bought right when she got her driver's license and ended up totaling it 6 months later in an accident that was not at all her fault. I'm sure this incident will taint her feelings about Tucson, too, which is a shame, since it will likely be her home until she graduates from college.
I gotta question the girl's decision making skills though... she leaves nice cool Oregon for Arizona? Yukko!! :p
2 comments:
How awful - I'm so sorry for what happened to your niece. People can be such jerks. There is no excuse from stealing from another person, especially someone who is powerless and has hurt nobody, like your niece. Hopefully the insurance will cover everything and it can be restored like new.
Ugh, they sure trashed her baby, didn't they? I was really surprised it was found.
Post a Comment