The grass is riz
I wonder where the birdies is?
But I don't. They're all over the place and my own birds are all cranked up, yelling and shouting at the influx of migratories and all around signing and squabbling and courting.
Mowed the lawn at last. I was getting concerned that if we didn't do it soon it was going to turn into a miserable job. If we let it go the undergrowth gets so thick it's too much for the mower and we have to weed whack something just shy of 2 acres, which is NOT fun. So the place looks much tidier now and smells wonderful and my allergies aren't even too bad, amazingly. Somehow all that mown grass made our little cat want to graze and she's been hurking up blades of grass all over the house, or was until I pitched her out.
Left my curling iron down where I go to school, dammit! I've been leaving something nearly every week the past three weeks so it must be time for a break. Just one more trip and I have three weeks off. Woo hoo!
The program wide mixer I was putting together went really well, despite my frustration along the way. Everyone wanted to do it again, so we've got one set for the second week of next term. GOT to find a way to fund it though, because this one was too much out of my pocket. We may be able to get reimbursed, but it's not certain. So do any of you out there in grad school pay student government fees as part of your tuition package? If so, how much?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We have to pay a couple hundred per year as an "activities fee" which covers a public transit pass and random services that nobody ever needs. The fee was started by the grad student government (for all grad students at the university), and whether you love it or hate it depends on whether you use the transit pass. The graduate school pays for events like mixers.
We don't pay any fees for the student government in our department, and the department pays for food and drinks at the meetings we have every quarter.
I hope you get reimbursed -- your department may not be overflowing with cash but they certainly have more to spare than you do!
Thanks DI DI. One friend told me that at her law school they paid $80 per year for student government and it was mandatory! We were thinking maybe $10 per year to start with just for these events, but none of us have a clue how to go about doing this. LOL! We're reluctant governors for sure.
We paid some extra fees but I'll be damned if I knew where they spent them because we got nothing for them.
Donna
Well Donna, at least if we do this we'll give the student body three fun mixers every year and continue to take their concerns to the faculty meetings. Thank you both for the feedback!
Post a Comment