Three whole weeks without classes! Oh bliss. Oh joy!
I'm not as happy as I could be because I have a 20-25 page paper to write this week and I have to get my grades in for my class, but at least I don't have to drive down south every week and no new work is being piled on. Then just ONE MORE QUARTER and I'll be done with coursework entirely. What a concept! After 6 years of classes I'm not sure how to live any other way.
Of course just as I see a hint of light for a normal life The County is asking me for more hours. They're dumping full time employees willy nilly and need the spaces filled. I could do one or two days a week all summer and it would be a huge financial help, but I still have my practicum 2 days a week and I want my dissertation done. So I'm thinking of cutting my practicum short. I don't like the work much and I have my required hours and then some. I know those 7 weeks are going to FLY by, and I want my dissertation done. 2 days a week making money and earning MFTI hours sounds more attractive than doing couples therapy for free when I have definitely decided this isn't what I want to do. Hmm...
Today I'll get my class stuff wrapped up and then decide if I want to do my paper this weekend or put my feet up and do it during the week instead. I have to do more lit review on my dissertation and find an outside expert, but I want to carve out one or two big blocks of vacation time so I really feel I did get some break. A friend was making fun of me the other day about "Oh how hard it must be to be a student all the time and have to go to school for TWO DAYS every week, boo hoo." You know, there's just no way for someone outside this world to really grasp what it's like. I'm thinking a plain old 40 hour per week job is going to be so much easier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A 40 hours per week? Does that exist? Oh yeah...when I'm no longer a student. :P
I'm stuck in a similar situation - my practicum wants me to keep starting patients, but with only 5 months to go before I leave on internship, I'd rather focus on my dissertation... but I feel guilty telling them I'm done. I really need to get more assertive :(
I'll join you in paper writing land. I have 3 papers to write within the next 3 weeks. Blah.
Three weeks off?!? How cool! I only have a week off, but there's plenty to do so it's not like it's a vacation.
And what the heck is a 40 hour week? ;)
Donna
Post a Comment