No, really it's angry. ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY!!! I have been talking to the program director of the masters program about having a printed reader made this term as a result of the disaster my electronic reader turned into last term. I had three or four conversations with the PD about this and thought I made it CRYSTAL CLEAR what I wanted.
The readings were the same, but I was told I had to resend them, so I did, with the header "Reader materials for..." I never heard if they got to the librarian, despite sending two follow up e-mails to her, and neglected to physically visit her to check. Today she sent me a note saying all my readings were 'up' and she thought they were perfect, please go check. AKK! Sent back that I requested a printed reader, not an electronic one and shortly got a note from the program director that she had no idea I wanted anything printed and the deadline is past and I have to fill out this and that form with all the percentages of each book I'm printing yada yada.
Breathe! I already did all this and well before the deadline. I can't find the note where I figured the percentages and I don't have one of the books here at home. I got angry, stomped around, called both people and found them both unavailable, then sat down and cried. I was so careful and I wanted this class to go so much better than last. Last time most of the problems that made me look bad were out of my control and now here we go again. Beginning to understand why some profs seem not to stay with the times and go on requiring big expensive text books when they only want their students to read 1/3 of what's in them. I really REALLY am not a good team player because so often teams make a mess of things, you know? I could have done this myself weeks ago if I'd known it was going to be such a fucking circus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so frustrating!! I hope they got it worked out for you.
Academic Administrators are like used car sales people, they will tell you whatever you want to hear...hoping you'll just go along with it and let them do whatever they want in the end.
Post a Comment