Holy crap, what a week! I called tonight and gave notice I won't show for the mens' group tomorrow. I'd like to no-show for everything the rest of the month, frankly, but that's not an option. Seems I've topped out on the stress-o-meter and I'm beginning to drop brain cells.
I forgot to do the simple little exercise due for my first class this week, then after promising I'd e-mail it to the prof, managed to forget again and went home without getting it to her. Then my new boss in the masters program and her administrative assistant overwhelmed me with a barrage of questions about my HR paperwork, thoughts on the book they sent me, thoughts on a new book they waved at me, and wanting an updated syllabus. Um... yeah, I remember there was a packet from HR in my box two weeks ago and that I picked it up. That's it, I have no recollection of what it looked like or where I might have put it. I most certainly didn't fill it out... not even sure if it was the item in question to tell the truth. The book? Yeah, there was a shrink wrapped book in my mailbox which I cut open and set on the coffee table. Haven't looked inside though. Can I look at it this weekend along with this new book and please update my syllabus? Well...
NO! Absolutely, NO, I cannot do ANYTHING this weekend at all except, if everything goes well, manage to complete my FIFTH rewrite of the APPIC materials I thought I was done with a month ago and narrow my list of 30 sites down to 15 so that I can get my first app out the door by the end of next week. I cannot do homework. I cannot do group therapy. I cannot plan for my two therapy sessions on Monday. I cannot WIPE MY ASS!!! Do you get this? I am TAPPED OUT! (Ok, I didn't say it like that, but the tone must have come across in what I did say)
They stared for a moment, blinking, and then hurried to say that was fine, they totally understood this was APPIC crunch and backed away. So later I thought I found the HR application packet and proudly brought it up to them, only to discover that it was an old internship application package instead. Ok, so now I can't read. I shuffled out in embarrassment but one of them followed me down the hall waving my purse at me. Oh Lord... I then stopped by the office of a prof who had edited my CV for some feedback and managed to completely forget I'd told my dear friend I'd just be five minutes and then we could go to lunch. She gave up and ate on her own after 45 mins...
I was late for work at the Hall because I had to make three trips back and forth between my car and the library because I kept forgetting things. Then I forgot my office key in my car, went back for it and discovered I'd left my car keys in my supervisor's office and couldn't get back in the building because I left my electronic pass card to open the door in his office too. I had to call the front desk on my cell phone and have someone buzz me out of the parking lot so I could go through the front door instead. And of course I STILL didn't have my office key!
Stick a fork in me...
And please, nobody say I told you so. With my last two brain cells I can still do my ABCs and know perfectly well how I got here. Sniff. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, you have a LOT of stuff going on! Is there any way you can drop something (like the mens' group)?
Donna
I want to. I was thinking I'd just go 10 sessions and quit, but if I get a local interview it's likely the places will know these guys (small community) and doing 6 sessions of a 52 week group is kinda lame...
I may drop it anyway if this crush doesn't improve. I'm sure it will be understood if I can get an interview to explain!
Woah...your schedule is insane. I agree with Donna - if you can afford to drop something, I'd advise it. It's hard to do anything well when you're juggling so many balls.
Post a Comment