Well it took a full day, but my list is finally complete! Out of my original internship list of 34 sites I narrowed it down to 15. More than that and there is an extra charge for applying. Not sure if I'll actually apply to all 15, but if not certainly most. A few have some extra hoops to jump through that I simply may not have the energy for, but they have later deadlines, so we shall see!
Now to order 30 transcripts, one from my doctoral and one from my masters for each site. Ok, well 28 since one is done and goes out this week. :)
Today is for school. I haven't done anything at all except skim the reading for my classes so I need to get on top of things or I am gonna be one hurting unit in a couple of weeks when assignments start coming due.
I reviewed both books for my upcoming class and decided I'm not going to require either, rather I'm going to have electronic readings only and cherry pick chapters out of several books plus various articles I find useful. Several of my profs have been doing that the past couple of terms and it's wonderful! No buying a book where you only actually use 1/3 of it, all pertinent articles and it's FREE! The rule is you may not use more than 20% of a book this way to stay outside of copyright violation. Kewl! That's settled. Now if only I could find that damned HR packet they gave me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The intern application process sounds horrible -- like applying to grad school all over again! It sounds like you've been very very busy and under a lot of stress lately so I hope you get some time to relax soon.
Thanks!
It is almost the identical process to applying to grad school, except worse, I think.
For now I have everything crossed that I will get one of these sites and not have to do this for CAPIC in the spring, the California equivalent of the national system.
What's extra sucky is that I will have to go through this yet AGAIN in two years for a postdoc, most likely. I can only hope I'll get a bitchin' site and they'll just invite me to stay on another year. It happens...
Wow, that's a lot of paperwork! Good luck on getting a good internship :)
Donna
Post a Comment