I have everything done for my first application and only need to get some nice paper to print my CV and cover letter on. I have to go to town for that, then come home and print. I gotta tell you though, I think this whole process significantly contributes toward global deforestation!
The amount of work this process has been for my Training Director is nearly as much as my own. She wrote a letter stating that I was eligible for internship and also recommending me, which involved reviewing enormous numbers of academic and practicum records and including quotes from many of them. She then collated this into the university portion of the application and created 17 copies for me. She also provided 17 copies of my transcripts and a letter about our APA accreditation status. WOW!!! I was delighted, but then found two errors in her letter, one that I thought was really important, and lay awake all night wondering if I should let it go or ask for a change, which would mean she'd have to reprint, sign and collate all those copies! Eek!
In my agitation I managed to bungle my presentation of the problem to her and come off as unappreciative and demanding, had a small meltdown of self loathing in the bathroom that gained me a bunch of unwelcome attention (there is NO frigging privacy on our campus!), and then successfully repaired the damage a couple of hours later. Gah.
Had to make copies of all my signed practicum forms for the past 18 months for their files, too, so that ran to uncoupling, recoupling and stapling 154 packets, and along with reprinting the apps for my training director, pretty much ate my entire copy allotment for the term.
My first therapy session with a very difficult client yesterday went really well, which made up for a not so wonderful session with another client last Monday. So all in all the clinical week has been balanced. Besides which it was WONDERFUL to finally have a high point in all this misery.
Soon... any day now, my head is going to above water again. Sigh. I can't even remember what it looks like up there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment