Saturday, October 11, 2008

Quick, Somebody Smack Me!

Why, oh WHY is it so hard for me to say no? I just totally suck at professional boundaries. A coworker at Juvie is moving and got two job interviews out of town next Monday, so I agreed to work for her Sunday and another person is covering for her Monday. I just WORKED two days at the hall this week to cover for my supervisor, so that was all day Thursday, all day Friday (we were out of school this week for Yom Kippur), men's group this morning for 2 hours and now tomorrow at the hall again. GAH, what the BLEEP am I doing???

The batterers group is still really hard for me between the participants pushing all my buttons and trying to suck me into power plays all the time and the group leader being so frustrating. I realized today though that I am learning a ton in there about managing myself. If I want to work in a prison setting then I need to have strong skills to deal with power struggles, manipulation and overt sexism. With this group I'm getting that in spades every weekend!

Gotten a bunch done on my CV today and some homework. Hopefully it will be slow tomorrow and I'll be able to study so I won't fall behind. The money is nice, but Psychgrad is right, I'm doing way too much.

3 comments:

Psych Post Doc said...

Yeah, you need some down time. No more covering for other people, you here me?? :)

I hope it was a slow day and you were able to make money and get lots of other stuff done.

Mamabeek said...

LOL! It was insane. I saw 9 kids in 7 hours. Sigh.

Our property management place is doing their annual inspection tomorrow so today we are cleaning. They say it's not the tenents they are inspecting but the property, but good impressions are important!

Thank you SO much for the support. :)

Anonymous said...

Just say no. You are definitely doing too much!

Donna