Monday, September 24, 2007

When it Rains...

It pours, they say. Well it isn't exactly raining jobs on me, but at least job teasers! Today I ran into the Program Manager from the group home where I used to work. She told me she's been seeing my reports (some of my clients have ended up in the group home so their psych evals go with them) and has been harassing the owner about why they let me go. That was nice to hear! So anyway, she asked if I'd be interested in doing staff trainings on various mental health issues for pay. Well YES!!! No idea how much pull she has these days, but I wouldn't mind doing some paid gigs at my convenience to bolster the old pocketbook and fluff up the resume. Nope, not one bit!

It would be a nice way to break myself in to teaching since their staff is generally made up of people with Associate degrees in various child development or criminal justice fields rather than grad students in psychology, who tend to be a whole bunch more knowledgeable in the field. Thus I could do a good deed (if I do it well, anyway) in a relatively 'safe' environment to start with.

No idea if anything will come of this, but it made the day brighter, that's for sure!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, that would be awesome, but when would you have time to do it?

Mamabeek said...

Well that's what I like about it, I could fit it in at my convenience and I might well be able to make it a project for one of my classes if I chose the topic carefully.