Monday, September 24, 2007

Coffee Coffee Coffee

Buzz Buzz BUZZ!!!

Gawd, I am so frigging blonde it's pathetic. So I'm tired on the way home from work and I'm cold even with the heater on. I've passed that damned steakhouse one too many times tired and starving and POOR, so I stop for hot food at McD's. This is a really HUGE no no, but I am in I don't give a fuck I deserve whatever I want mode (but not a steak, I'm not that self indulgent). Got a chicken sandwich with big old honking pack of fries for AR (because he is much less likely to ding me for being bad if I bring his favorite treat) and I want a hot drink. HOT dammit! Ok, well hot chocolate is HOT dammit, but did I get one? No, I got a caramel latte. I got COFFEE at 7:30 pm. Apparently McD's coffee actually has some caffeine in it, because here it is almost midnight and I am still tapping away at this stupid machine. Blech.

Ok, so then I get home and go to score one last instrument on this totally fascinating kid I tested today only to find I don't have the damned PAI scoring sheet. Dang! Remembered I need to look up percentiles for the WRAT on him too, look in the WISC kit suitcase where I stashed those last and SCORE!!! I found a PAI scoring sheet. Happy dance!!! So I sat crouched on the floor for 45 minutes counting up raw scores (can't turn on the dining room light or I'll wake the birds), translating into T scores and plotting plotting plotting about this kid. Wow, he really IS weird! Weird in expected areas, but it's pretty irratic. Then I get to the last validity scale and find that there IS no #301 or #270 as this test stops at 264 questions. What the fuck? THEN, after all this work, I realize that the scoring sheet is for the PAI and I am scoring the PAI-A... the adolescent version. ARRRRRGGGGGHHH!

Ok, well the raw scores are fine on everything but the one validity scale where you are comparing one question with another, so that work wasn't wasted, and that was the bulk, but the T scores are out the window. I'll be curious to see how the correct ones compare with their adult counterparts for those scales. Thank God I didn't translate and plot all the subscales, too. That was next on the list...

I'm now going to pour one last bucket of eyedrops in my poor little dried up raisins and go pretend to sleep. AR doesn't sleep well alone so I'll try to be a good little wifey and give him at least half a night of rest. Of course I'll probably just itch and twitch and twist until he can't sleep at all! Will somebody please pass me the dunce cap?

1 comment:

Donna said...

How funny...you're even writing like you had too much caffeine!