This one is for Didi.
I wrote to a third year classmate about being depressed, since he was asking why I hadn't logged onto World of Warcraft for nearly a month. After describing what I had been feeling and how long he answered back as follows:
It's called Venus Retrograde, and never fear, it will be over in two or three days!
I wasn't sure if that was an astrological reference or maybe an STD, so I Googled it. Perfect fit! LOL! I'm doing much better now, so it must be true.
Just Wednesday night though, I overreacted to something AR said and it triggered a three hour crying jag and a big tearful lecture to him about what I do and do not need to hear from him. (I'd feel sorry for putting him through it, but hey, after all these years of constantly putting up with his moods I figure, screw it, he can deal with mine once per decade!) I sent an e-mail to my sister later that night because I couldn't sleep and she concluded that Venus must be ripping through Sagittarius in a big way because I was flipping out over trivia. LMAO!!!
Not out of the woods yet, I don't think, but definitely on an upward climb. I have to thank my friend for giving me an excuse, and some hope. Come October 12th I am a FREE BIRD. WHOOP!!! =p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hahaha -- It's funny, I don't even know anything about astrology. I don't know what "retrograde" means or what is supposd to happen when a planet is in retrograde" It sounds like Venus is making a questionable fashion statement.
... Okay I just looked it up. Backward motion makes sense too, though what possessed people to decide that this influences our thoughts and feelings is truly beyond me. :) But hey I certainly didn't become an astropsychologist for the science. :)
And I'm glad you're starting to feel better -- from your last post I hoped that you were!
What happens October 12th?
LOL! Donna, October 13th is purportedly the very last day that the horribly depressing effects of Venus Retrograde can be felt.
Getting 'upper' all the time, but then again it could be more interesting cases, more work in general and the rumors that just any day now I'm going to have a part time job. (Gotta love the damned county and it's 4-6 month lag in deciding whether to hire a person)
Then again I could be developing symptoms of manicity. ;p Just wanted to use that word because I'd never heard it before my supervisor slipped it into a report. "The minor shows no indication of manicity."
Post a Comment