Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ding Dong!

I am in stitches here... this is just too funny. So today we were to have another property inspection. In desperation I finally called the Property Management company we rent from and complained that my neighbor hadn't done her weed abatement, had refused all offers of help, and the fire hazard was outrageous. When I asked if they could find a way to deal with this that would not involve telling her I snitched (she's not easy to get along with as it is) they opted to do a property inspection on both of us to check out the place now that all the termite and repair work is done. Kewl!

It took them three weeks to get to it, but they made an appointment to see me today and were supposed to be here at 2pm. The guy got lost. And this is one of the head haunchos no less! He went the back way, after just looking at an online map, and was appalled to find the road isn't paved the whole way. GASP! Dude, we live in the COUNTRY, like waaay out in the country, and you went the back way over the much less developed part. Your bad. I happened to be outside having a sandwich with my birds (they have lovely big aviaries out on the back porch) and didn't hear the phone when he called. He insisted that the road 'dead ended' into dirt and when I tried to explain that the pavement picked up again after a bit he said, "I'm not gonna drive a $50,000 Mercedes over a road like THAT!

Well gosh, is it my problem you took the Mercedes? Is it my problem you don't know anything about your rentals? Is it my fault the road isn't paved??? Jeeze! Did it ever once occur to you that many people who are stuck renting would be very much put off by your flaunting this car at them? Nice people skills.

I am SOOO glad I know the owners personally and we have a good relationship. It irritates the management people to no end, as they don't like any contact between us little grubby renter scum and their clients (and there is no question at all that only the owners and not the renters are their clients), but the owner brings her mother and mother in law up here once every year or two to look at the place and reminisce about when they lived here. Her mother was 99 this year, so I hope she'll come back as usual when she's 100!

The guy rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I hope he doesn't panic about crossing the cattle guard... and just wait till he meets the cattle!!! Hee...

2 comments:

Donna said...

It's just been ridiculous what you've had to do in order to keep the weeds down there...I hope they get some sense into that woman's head!

And that guy with the Mercedes is too funny! What an idiot! He probably doesn't even know what a cattleguard is ;)

Anonymous said...

What a snob.