Tap tap tap tap tap goes my foot. I had all three MRIs on Friday morning. Skipped school that day to get it done since so much time had passed while I tried to price shop. Note to self and anyone else as naive as I: DO NOT try to price shop for insured health services. You'll die of your ailment or possibly old age before you figure out who the hell is going to charge what.
In the end my insurance still refused to pay for two of the three tests, but at least all of the cost went on my deductable. How that works is beyond me. Frankly there are some things so loathsome to study I'd rather not know. Blech!
So now I hurry up and wait for Tuesday or so, when hopefully my doc will call me with the news that has been passed along to her. In the mean time I have plenty to do: another 15-20 page paper on mediation, a workshop presentation for an applied forensics class, a custody evaluation to write and my desperately far behind dissertation! Still and all, it's a long weekend and I have only one client on Monday, so I am taking a little personal time. It wouldn't really make a difference if I closeted myself and worked solidly all three days because I simply cannot focus these days. I dunno if it's "senioritis" or burnout or what, but my mind and my schoolwork are like two positive ends of a magnet being pressed together. ZIP! they shoot away from each other. Sigh.
Tomorrow AR and I are going to see Star Trek. AR has some heavy duty social anxiety and theaters are pretty much off his list of things he does, but I've talked him into giving it the team try, even waving my bottle of untouched Atavan at him and promising a nice lunch beforehand. (doing a matinee since it's been out long enough most kids have seen it) He too wants to see it on the big screen. I'll report back if it actually happens!
In the mean time I am going to take my fat, elevated cholesterol bod over to the Dance Dance Revolution pad and stomp off a few calories before in-home movie time... but Gods the music is so bad!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ugh, I totally have senioritis. If you find a cure, let me know.
I hope you get good news from your dr.
I'm guessing waiting for test results from the doctor isn't helping you concentrate either. Enjoy your personal time, you deserve it.
I'm sorry that you have to wait until Tuesday for the results, but hope the time is passing relatively quickly. I'll be hoping for the best possible news for you.
Doing work this time of year always feels painful... especially when my friends at other universities are done for the summer. It feels cruel that we're still here!
I adore Dance Dance Revolution. Although over the past few months I still have not shaken off the Rockband bug.
I hope the doc will be a bearer of good news as well.
Post a Comment