So I got yet another grad student research survey sent to me today. I do as many as I can because you never know when you'll need the favor returned, you know? But today's just SUCKED! I mean, what committee let those questions get by, anyway? I'm really hoping this was a pilot and not the real McCoy here. There was a 'is there anything else about this topic you'd like tell us' text box at the end so I used that to describe how many ways the survey sucked. Diplomatically I thought, but unequivocally.
Soooo tired tonight. How can one busy therapy day be so overwhelming anyway? Had a good talk with my supervisor about where I am in this process and came to the conclusion that I need to S T O P and regroup in a major way. That's going to involve not fussing over dissertation for a week or two as well, but I think I need it. I cannot go on spending hours and hours staring unproductively at my computer screen with nary a coherent thought in sight. I do great work in my head just before I get out of bed each morning, but that's as far as it goes.
On the up side though, I am feeling pretty good about my current clients. Everyone is winding up therapy because I'm due to leave soon, so I haven't taken new cases for awhile (but for intakes). I told my supervisor a few weeks ago that I think I'm going backward. I don't even feel I'm doing as good a job as I did when I was a masters trainee! He said something about thesis, antithesis and synthesis and me being at the anti point. I think it may also just be that I'm slowly but surely calming down and slowing down. Nevermind the slowing is a little premature, it seems to be allowing me to think more clearly in my therapy anyway. Thank heavens for small blessings, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm not big on therapy, but I haven't done individual work in almost two years (I've been teaching, researching, and doing psycho ed/process groups), but I'm looking forward to it.
Post a Comment