Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Spike!

Just got a note from my training director reminding me to send her both parts of the CAPIC application. Yuk! I completely forgot about this and am about as motivated to do it as I am to have a root canal.

If, perish the thought, I were not to match and get nothing in the APPIC clearinghouse I could either go through CAPIC, the California equivalent of APPIC, or wait a year and try APPIC again. There are some great internships through CAPIC and some are paid, though not many and not usually as much as APIC. They are much more obtainable though (especially since CA made a law this year saying clinical psych students MUST be in either APPIC or CAPIC accredited internships in order to license) and I do want to graduate on time. Sigh.

I shouldn't whine too much since really the only work I have to do is to add in the hours I've done since I compiled my APPIC data. But the letters of rec. Shoot... I can likely reuse the ones people wrote, but I have to contact them all again and get an ok, and I have to do it before the APPIC match when it may turn out to be totally necessary.

I DESPISE this whole process. It sucks big purple Twinkies.

No comments: