I placed at the local site! My second choice, and my husband's first, so it's all good.
I was a little disappointed because the training isn't as 'perfect' at this site, based on what I'm interested in, but I can make up the difference in a postdoc at the mental hospital down the road next year. They are hard to get into as a predoc, but easy after graduation, and at that point I will be free to bring all my contacts up there to bear, so I'll likely get what I want, just in two years instead of one. I ranked this place high for AR and based on his intense relief this morning, I think going to the SVP sight in nowheresville would have been a real challenge, relationship wise.
This is a state site, so now I'm curious what the recent furloughs will mean to me.
Whew!! So glad that's over. Now off to see how others have done and to support my friends in clearninghouse today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congratulations! It sounds like a great outcome.
Congratulations!! I barely was able to focus today after I got my match. I hope you had a wonderful Match Day!
Congratulations! I'm glad the outcome is well all together. Plus it's saving you the from the hassle of moving. =)
That sounds like a great outcome - not moving is always a bonus. So pleased for you
Congratulations, sounds like things are all falling into place.
Ohhh, congrats!!! Good job :)
And you won't have to move either!
Donna
Congrats!!
Post a Comment