Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chapter Closed

Well I'm finally home from The Interviews and feeling utterly wiped and a little bit despondent. The last two I was very sick and while I didn't perform well on the first, it was a good site. I rallied yesterday and did do well, but didn't like the site. Bother. Being ill and tired cast a pall on the whole trip this week and I can't quite decide how much of my impressions were tainted by that. I'm going to give myself a little bit of space before I rank. Or I'll rank my top 4 and then give the two marginals some time. I have until Feb 4th to finalize.

I'm weary of not being able to breathe and always feeling a little sore in the chest or a little nauseated. That, coupled with the news from my boss that my students are whining about electronic readings I assigned them (which they VOTED for and never told me there was any problem with) and have been heard whispering unhappy words in the hallways, is leaving me feeling very discouraged tonight.

I got some homework done though, and am taking off the week from school (well the two classes I could have scrambled to make) to catch up and try to heal. I'll work tomorrow afternoon, but that's it until Monday, when I have one client, and I think two on Tuesday. Not so bad.

5 comments:

Psych Post Doc said...

It really sucks to be sick when you have so much on your plate. I think taking it easy today and relaxing until Monday really will do you some good.

My guess is that you did better on your interviews than you think. I know for me being sick clouds everything.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. I hope you can find the time to relax and recooperate.

A lot of students are never happy. If they weren't whining about the electronic readings, they would be whining about something else. It's always something! Try not to get too discouraged.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Students will always complain and whine about nothing and everything. Focus on yourself and I hope you get better soon.

Battle Weary said...

Being sick makes everything so much harder...especially when t is things that can't be postponed! I hope you are feeling much better now.

PG said...

Ugh...students. Why did they need to go to your boss to complain?

It's too bad that you weren't feeling 100% for the interviews. I'm sure things will still work out in the end. At least you're passed the hellish stage.