Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Flattery will get you everywhere

Today the girl at Starbucks told me I looked "just like Kate Hudson" Um... right. Ten minutes spent in front of the bathroom mirror checking every angle left me quite sure she was just trying to sell me a pastry with my coffee, but it was still a fun lift to my day. LOL!

My two couples sessions went really well today and I'm pretty caught up on my reading for school, even if on the writing assignments I'm still struggling a bit. I have them worked out in my head though, and that always makes me feel in control; just have to get the content out of my head and onto the paper. My supervisor, who is also my dissertation chair, promised me he'd spend as long as I needed on Thursday helping me get back on track so I can meet the course goal (we have a dissertation course this term) of having my proposal through the IRB by the end of the term. Truly if I just have it in to the IRB at term's end I'll be happy. If I can't defend by the time I start internship, at least I'd like to have all my data collected and my analysis done by then. I can handle the idea of just having to do revisions on internship, but not doing data collection or primary analysis. I haven't given up the goal of being completely finished, but I'm prepared to take a big bite of reality sandwich in that department if I must.

So I'm feeling back in the groove again at last. Not really on top of everything, but at least not utterly buried and despairing. I might actually get through this quarter without having to take an incomplete in anything; something I was seriously wondering about since my interviews ate three whole weeks of school out of a 10 week quarter!

Yours truly,
Kate

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're feeling better now :)

Donna

Mamabeek said...

Much,thank you!

PG said...

I've always wondered how those interviewing for their internship are expected to keep up with things back at school. Seems like a superhuman expectation.

I'm glad things are getting back on track for you!

Battle Weary said...

My partner's sister and her family, my partner, and a neighbor have all decided I look like Drew Barrymore. Umm...thanks, but...NOT!! LOL

I'm glad you are feeling better.