Barely standing, but here. Four interviews down and two to go next week. AR and I both got sick on the trip to IL and sicker still on the way home. We got home at 10pm and I was back out at 5am driving a long three hours to my next interview, then driving south a long 4 hours to teach my class. Managed all that somehow but crashed the next day during classes and the only reason I went to school at all on Friday was because I wasn't well enough to drive yet. Got home and fell into bed and pretty much been there ever since. This SUCKS!
Today I feel a little better, but the stupid antibiotic I'm on is making me sicker than the illness it's supposed to protect me from. Because I had heart surgery as a child I am susceptible to endocarditis if I don't take antibiotics when I'm very sick, and because I am allergic to the two major antibiotic groups, I am stuck with Doxycyclene, which has all kinds of nasty side effects. Still and all, the actual flu virus is abating a little bit, so I'm hoping that with a good sleep tonight and lots of airline dozing (with airborne for what it's worth) I will be presentable for two more interviews on Tue and Wed.
So far my profs have been really supportive, and that's a good thing since I've done almost nothing at all in the way of reading or assignments. I even managed to lose one book as a result of carrying it around trying to get my stuff read. Sigh...
So far the interviews and my classes have been going great. One site was a poor fit and I don't know if I'll rank it, but I have learned a bunch from all of them.
Sorry this is such a blah update... no spunk whatsoever in me today, but I was tired of looking at the old news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope you're feeling better. Having the flu and traveling all over is just a nightmare.
Can't wait to hear about your last two interviews. I'm sure you'll be great.
I'm glad your interviews are going so well, but it sure sucks that you're sick! Feel better soon :)
Donna
Aww I am sorry you are sick!! I hate side effects from drugs!! Yucky. Happy to hear about your interviews doing so awesome!
Post a Comment