FINALLY feeling better and beginning to recharge. I've been getting lots of outdoor time, which always helps me a bunch; outdoors and sunshine. Since the nasty panic attack I've had no indigestion at all and have been sleeping through the night consistently. A combo of the GERD meds and at least partial resolution to the DMV debacle. Have decided to let go and see how the ID thing turns out without making 800 alternative plans instead of sleeping at night. Yesterday the local place that I care about the very most said that I can use my old passport with my temporary driver's license to get into the facility, so I'm hugely relieved. I interview with them next Thursday.
I've made myself a routine of prepping one class per day for my teaching position, and if I come anywhere near that goal I'll have all that work done before the three ring (week) circus of interview/school/teach/work/practicum begins next week. I have two done and school starts next Thursday... oh, yup, I'll miss the first day of at least two classes for this interview. Will miss two weeks of school too. Oh well! normally that is an automatic fail, but they will work with me since it's for internships.
AR is just the best. He's been picking up the load at home in a huge way, giving back rubs, cuddles and couch time as often as I need it. He's excited about the prospect of moving if we have to, so that's an enormous chunk of angst that just isn't happening. He's also surfing the ipod app road to gold by designing ipod game apps right and left so he's super happy and making money, which in turn makes him more resilient.
Tripped, ate some serious dirt and gravel, but am climbing back up and dusting myself off!
Today my supervisor took me to lunch and asked advice about his upcoming ethics class he's teaching (I had it my first year and the teacher was no great shakes, thus it got lobbed unexpectedly into his court this year). It was nice to give a little 'supervision' for a change, and just to chat about general professional issues instead of cramming three or four difficult cases into an hour's time. Thankfully all those cases have taken the holidays off, so I have a break there too.
LIGHT! There is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel at last! I'm going to be done with coursework in two terms... holy cow.
Tomorrow is breakfast with a friend and a walk on one of my favorite beaches with AR... fancy coffee to follow and late afternoon class prep before dinner and a movie. Ahh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear that AR is being supportive about the possible move! That will help :)
Have a good New Years and 2009 - Donna
I'm so glad to hear the liscence things is resolved and that you're finally able to sleep again.
Post a Comment