Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cognitive Chaos

It's OVER!!! Woo hoo!

But let me tell you about the end of the week because it was so painful there was noting to do about it but laugh.

I had some testing to do Wed morning and much to my disgruntlement it turned into an all day affair at Juvenile Hall and I didn't get home until 5:30. I had this horrific final (brought to us by the maker of the horrific paper), a small paper and two presentations to prepare and was utterly spun that all my time got co-opted. Then when I got home I found a note in my e-mail from one of the internship sites saying they wanted to do a preliminary phone screening to decide who would be invited for final interviews. TOMORROW!!!

This was a specialty site for sexually violent offenders so that meant I needed to bone up on the topic, since I haven't worked with many sex offenders, and none of them adults. Blew my whole study plan and I ended up barely sleeping at all trying to get everything done. In the morning I packed up my stuff in a fog and drove away, only to realized I'd forgotten my crib notes for the interview, so drove back. AR was waving my little plastic lunch containers at me as I pulled in. Um... but I packed my lunch box, so what's in there? Turns out I packed the birds' food instead of my food for the trip. LOL!

The interview went well and she called me back half an hour later and offered me an on site interview. W00T! Got the horrific final taken (not a good feeling about the results) presentation done and paper finished somehow. Then discovered I'd forgotten my overnight bag and had to borrow all kinds of stuff from my landlady. Oy!

4 comments:

PG said...

Congratulations on getting through all of that. It would be nice to have more than 24 hours notice for a phone interview, but it sounds like it worked out well.

JaneB said...

Congrats on actually getting all these interviews and calls - must be nice to feel like all that work applying was worth while!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing another term :)

Donna

Mamabeek said...

Thanks all! I have to give credit to three or four people who advised me at a moment's notice, offering suggestions for questions and ideas about what I should and should not say.

I still haven't heard from 8 of the 15 despite it being the deadline today. I heard that there was something on the APPIC site saying that many places were overwhelmed with applicants and are not able to meet their response deadline. I can't find that, but I certainly don't have a flood in my e-mail yet this morning, so I presume it's probably true. Still very worried I'll miss something so I quadruple check my spam before I delete.