My puter went down for the count this past week and I am just today getting back online. Wow... I'm embarassed to say I don't have much of a life without my computer! I adore reading and Heaven knows I have massive amounts to do, but somehow I just didn't want to. I love going for walks, but same thing. It wasn't just that without my computer I didn't have anything to do, it was that I lost interest in everything non-computer related. Anhedonia set it. How pathetic is that???
We went shopping for a retail one, but it's not possible to get a PC without Vista, so we ended up ordering direct from Dell. That means a week to 10 day wait, so today AR plugged my hard drive into the MacMini he was supposed to have sold when he bought a new Mac. Glad he didn't! I am NOT a Mac user and am going nuts over all the changed menues and buttons etc. Must say it's a whole lot nicer than nothing though!
So I had two ball busting weeks, one slacker/sick week and now I'm just trudging through work and assignments. Really I didn't have to have my computer every moment because I have all the articles I need to do my Rorschach forensic focus paper and if I just get that hammered out then I'll probably have a computer again before I need to go back to my same sex couples marital therapy paper. I think maybe part of my stress and anxiety comes from too much multitasking. It IS possible to complete one task at a time, after all, but I never do. I always have to be doing everything at once. Hmm... shall try to remedy that this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It sucks when the computer quits! When that happened to my hubby's computer, we went to Fry's and bought a new one. Unfortunately, it had Vista. I am not impressed. I tweaked it a bunch but it's still slower than XP. Thank goodness there are some places that still sell XP; when my computer dies, I'll make sure to get that instead of Vista. I'm not a Mac user either, so that's definitely not an option for me.
Why in the world didn't your supervisor review your report? Especially since his name is on it? That's being lazy!
It is amazing how we've become so dependent on technology. When my cell phone broke, I was without a cell for a week and I felt so empty handed :) It was the weirdest thing.
Gosh remember back in the day when we had libraries, typewriters, house phones, no cable, Bunny ear antennas..OK I am showing my age :)
Beachwriter... I do, so now you know MY age too! =) I learned to type on an old, manual Royal typewriter where you 1) had to ziiiiip it back at the end of every line, 2) got your pinky finger jammed in between the keys every time you tried to type an A or an apostrophe, and 3) got all the key arms tangled up together if you typed too fast! Oh... and 4) had to use correction tape. HA!!
You'll have to wait for your puter to be delivered if you want XP, Donna; no instant gratification. But then maybe by the time you need something new, MS will have replaced Vista with something that works. What a complete disaster that system has turned out to be... but no, we can't admit failure and roll back to what we already had and people loved. Unthinkable!!!
Yep, I think my supervisor was lazy too. He didn't have much time, that's true, but had he put his foot down and said no to the two day turn around time, that need not have been the case. Fortunately we were so busy today it never even came up. I got to go to the Boys Camp up in the mountains to do some testing today. It's gorgeous up there!
Post a Comment