Raging storm here with all kinds of wind and rain. AR put Gus to bed and covered him earlier, but I was scoring Rorschachs in the kitchen and he could hear me muttering to myself, so in short order he was asking, "step up?" and demanding I "C'mere!" I took him out, as even when we leave the room he'll start crying once he's decided he's not ready for bed. I set him on his basket perch by the window so he could watch the storm while I worked.
First there was the matter of fact voice, "It's raining outside."
Then there was the very small, high pitched, wavery voice, "Scary." LOL! He says this sometimes and obviously knows what it means, so I put him on my lap under the table. In short order there came a stream of nite nites, so I tried to put him back in his cage. Nope, now I got, "Scary go to nite nite. Scary!" Apparently it was just too creepy to go in the dark cage with the rain hammering down, wind howling, and the windowpains rattling. He's now in back with AR, alternately nodding off and telling him, "nite nite."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww, Gus is so cute (and smart!). I hope he finally went to sleep!
Gus sounds like one of my littles! :P
Post a Comment