Slept all damned day on Saturday and didn't feel one whit of guilt, either! I was on the verge of getting sick and my brain was utterly useless, so other than reading some on Emotionally Focused Couples therapy over some soup at lunch, I didn't do anything school related. Then Sunday was insane at the Hall, so no schoolwork there either. So it went to right now, when I am here at 8:40 pm and STILL not doing schoolwork!
Ok, to be fair I did do some reading on same sex couples at lunch yesterday in preparation for a paper on the topic in my couples class. Mostly though I've been working my ass off during the day and so utterly wiped at night I watch a movie with AR and go to bed.
Had a great case this week that challenged me and kept me interested every moment. But oh my HELL never sit with a person who has both attentional problems and OCD. Gak! When she wasn't looking out the window, she was checking, rechecking and REchecking every answer. Took 2 1/2 hours to administer the PAI-A, which should take about 45 mins. I think this case is one where what looked for all the world at first glance to be ADHD is actually straight up anxiety. So fascinating to see it unfold and tease out all the little subtleties that rule out one thing and rule in another. We weren't asked for a neuropsych eval on this one, but recommended it, so we may get another pass. My supervisor did a little bit, but thanks to some internal fumbling in the agency we had only two days to turn this around instead of the customary two weeks... which is a story unto itself. Anyway, it was 'down and dirty' but I was impressed with how much solid work we could do as a team in such a short time. Go us! I'm still high on how much I learned and pleased to punch about how easy it was to write. Just a short while ago I agonized for hours over making definitive statements about data, but now I'm getting positively bold! Of course that's only on the three tests I do gazillions of. I'm starting at ground zero for the neuropsych stuff.
Entree is better, or was this morning, he's being a shit and refusing to come in tonight because he knows mama=meds. Ergo, FUCK mama! His heart rate has climbed back up, but the vet says that doesn't have to spell the end, it may yet go down again, so we just keep on keeping on. We have put a plan in place for the worst and I got confirmation that his pain pills will sedate him if I triple them up, so I feel better about how we can get him through the end as painlessly as possible when it comes. Despite how morbid that sounds, it's surprising what a relief it is to have a plan and know there is something we can do that we're at least semi-comfortable with. It makes it more bearable to face the whole nasty reality. Thankfully Entree knows nothing about our reality and insists on living in his own, which involves much less gnashing of teeth (excepting gopher teeth, of course) and much more sitting on stumps and rolling in the dirt with the sun on one's fur. Mm... that sounds nice, doesn't it?
So tomorrow I will study and study and read and read, but I have nothing to actually turn in this week and I'm feeling pretty confident about my Rorschach scoring, so I'm letting myself slow the pace a little.
My sister, who lives in Yuma and has been rocking and rolling with all the Mexican earthquakes down there, informs me that there is a prediction of a quake for central or SW California for the next 48-76 hours. In my area it may be as much as 6.0. Oh my... so maybe I'll tape my bookshelves. When we got hit hard a few years back our entire book collection that numbers well over 1000 and is mostly paperbacks, ended up in piles on the floor. Being the OCPD person that I am it took me THREE YEARS to get them all reshelved properly, in alphabetical order by author. Damned if I want to do that again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Sounds like a lot of work, but good progress. I was actually just looking at the Emotionally Focused Therapy website a week ago or so. I'm coordinating a talk with an EFT therapist.
It's good that you have a plan that you're comfortable with for Entree. Hopefully, you won't have to put it in place for a long time.
Busy enough there, aren't you?
Where did your sis find information about earthquake prediction? I looked at the USGS prediction site and the only big "yellow" area is there because of the Mexico quakes. Hopefully she's wrong!
I do the same thing with my books...alphabetical order. For some reason, that works for me.
Here Donna; she took her info from a video she found at www.quakeprediction.com. It looks pretty squirrelly to me (pardon the pun if you read their methods) Not anything like as reliable as the USGS, which isn't so grand at prediction either, actually. Seems nobody is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9OxFsQjkzI
They did have another 5.0 in Yuma around 8pm last night, which makes four good sized ones in two days! the epicenter is only about 40 miles from her.
Psychgrad, EFT is my preferred method for couples therapy (based on my vast experience of working with three whole couples). Gottman's methods appeal to me, but I prefer to incorporate them in other modalities. I'll have the chance to practice all this stuff in the summer... brr. Scary to me, but I have no idea why.
Off to read some more. What a nice day it's been, interspersing interesting reading with housework and naps. Now if only it could always be this way I'd enjoy my school experience so much more! Oh well.
Well, considering they have a lot of crap advertising on that website and no scientific information other than some talk about animal behavior, I'm inclined to believe USGS more than that site. Squirrelly indeed ;) Also, they talk about a "very high" current risk in the Sacramento Valley area and points south in the San Joaquin Valley, which is historically the quietest area in California, so...don't think so! Although they are probably safe in saying there's a risk of some quake activity in the SE section of Cali, considering the Mexico quakes having aftershock activity. Even USGS will admit to that.
Well now to be fair animal prediction is extremely accurate... if you want 30 seconds to a couple of minutes to run outside where nothing can fall on you. My sister's dog has been doing that for them this week, barking insanely a few moments before they feel the quakes.
My cat (the one most often visible), on the other hand, slept right through the big one we had here. I think it was 5.6 at the epicenter, so maybe 5 or so here. P waves, S waves... neither compare with a good snooze, apparently. ;p
Oh, and they're good for floods, too! My cousin lives in Marin County, CA and it flooded badly in the 80s. She had water up over her counters and so forth. The morning of the flood, a few hours before, she noticed the ants that had been coming in to escape the rain for a few days, were all walking up over the tops of the door frames and along the base of her ceilings. I always pay attention to what my tiny livestock are doing now.
Animals...smarter than they appear to be :)
I didn't know that there were earthquake warnings! I guess I need a dog or something to give me a heads up.. :)
I love the change. I have been out of the loop do to school and getting use to the schedule.
My Peace of Mind blog is up again but under a different URL.
I hope you will stop by :)
TERY
Post a Comment