Sunday, January 06, 2008

Something Good

I ate Chinese food for supper and ended with the obligatory fortune cookie. It said, "a financial investment will yield returns beyond your hopes" Kewl! My investments have definitely NOT being doing that of late. As a matter of fact, the inheritance of mineral rights from my grandmother that we have been using to pay more than half our living expenses took a major dive mid summer and never came back up. AR has been having to work more and more hours to compensate so he's doing less and less of his own work (he's trying to design his own videogame). I would be delighted to have an upswing in the income department!

Cold foot morning this morning so I gave Entree a pain killer before I left and felt vaguely nauseated all day. Is there a feeling worse than dread? Anyway, tonight I was delighted to find him sleeping on a stack of blankets in my office with 4 equally hot tooties. He still doesn't look well though, and I have to work the next two days. Gah.

Yesterday though... yesterday was wonderful! He was happy and feeling well all day and we played games, went for walks and had tons of loving. I finally managed to get a heart rate through all the purring and found it much slower than at the vet, which was another boon. 168 rather than 180, but 120 is normal, so we're still in the Twilight Zone. But even with his discomfort today, AR said he went out and sat on his favorite stump in the middle of the lawn. I'm glad he was out smelling and hearing his world even if he felt ikky.

Got LOTS of stuff done at work today, since there was virtually no Hall business to do. The Saturday person saw all the referrals and there were only a couple of kids who needed or wanted seeing today. FINALLY caught up on putting all my practicum hours into the forms the school wants our supervisors to sign, as opposed to the spreadsheet I made for myself, which is much more sane, IMOP. I know, I know, APPIC is God, even if their forms suck big purple meat twinkies. Yes, we're all really impressed down here!

I have no less that FOUR County events I am required to attend now, one of them a monthly event. Meetings on this, trainings on that... when the hell does anyone have time to get any work done??? I've decided to be bold and push to be paid for these things. I don't really need to do them for my practicum and the other doctoral student isn't going to any of them, so I'm going to take the proverbial bull by the horns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your kitty has many days ahead of sitting on the stump and sniffing the outside air.

It's good to know I'm not the only person who creates Excel spreadsheets to replace clunky, inefficient forms. I do it constantly. If it has to calculate or sort, it goes into Excel.