You find yourself Googling Tentacle Porn while eight windows full of journal articles and critiques of various therapy techniques sit unattended next to three open Word documents containing the bits and pieces of your paper. Sigh. I am on my LAST paper approaching my LAST set of classes before the Big Break and my brain is slithering around like... well like one of those damned squid in The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife woodcut I just read about. That woman and her squid seem to be having alot more fun than I am. Double sigh. My dearest other half has now wandered off, having satisfied his altruistic needs by making me coffee and implanting this strange set of words in my head (we watched an Anime movie last night and somehow or other the ensuing discussion this afternoon led to the aforementioned debacle). It's ok... the coffee will eventually kick in and somehow I will make all these little puzzle pieces into something coherent.
Tomorrow is Juvie and testing, so it's gotta happen tonight if it's gonna happen at all.
Now if only my team mate, the classmate with whom I share this assignment, clocks in soon. She's so utterly overwhelmed I don't know how she can manage to wipe her nose right now, but seeing as half my grade for this assignment depends upon her, I'm not being as magnanomous as I might. Not only that, but it has been decided by the Powers That Be that the final paper or project in every class is to be included in an "APA file" which may be randomly selected for perusal by the accredidation teams in upcoming years as part of their decision to grant our new baby PsyD program accredidation. Why that last paper when we are all freyed and frazzled? Why not the midterm papers when we're still relatively coherent? As a matter of fact, how about limiting the file to materials produced in the first or second term of each year and BANNING anything in the third terms?
Hokay, the blanket is lifting so I suspect it's safe to go back to perusing the metaperspectives on narrative versus structural family therapy. See y'all on the other side...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Last week, I could have left a smug ne-ner, ne-ner comment while I lolled around my house in a blissful state of irresponsibility.
Sigh. Those were the days.
However, this week I feel your pain and we are once again comrades-in-higher-education-stupidity!
(BTW thanks for the note about my comments. I've turned on the automatic option to allow comments.)
I, too, am on my last paper for my last class of this quarter, and boy, am I procrastinating on it. Won't it be nice to have these things done? I hope your team mate comes thru.
Ha!! tentacle porn!!!
Post a Comment