Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Forced Vacations

So the hotel is decent and even comes with a free breakfast buffet and two free drinks each night, which is something novel to me. There's a big fenced area on the grass between our building and the next for people who want to let their dogs play. How cool! Of course since we don't have a dog we're not so big on listening to them yap at each other under our window, but I love that they are so animal friendly. Really nice rooms that have a door between the kitchen/living room area and bedroom, which helps insulate from the sounds of people in the pool. There's an exercise room and a really nice 'library' where you can read or work on your computer, plus two puters, a fax and wireless hotel wide. All for $89/night! Since our landlords are paying $70 I'd say that's an outrageously good deal. Or it would be if we had any desire to be here in the first place. LOL!

AR managed to forget to load his suitcase when we left, so besides being without his clothes, we were also without all our toiletries. Thankfully I packed my medications and so on separately, so that's ok. Had to go get him some cheapo shorts, shirts, undies and socks at WalMart (HATE to patronize them, but we're poor...) and then there was shampoo, cream rinse, toothbrushes, toothpaste and all that jazz. A bother but not a disaster really.

Cats are well. I got off early yesterday and visited them on my way home. They managed to absolutely plaster me with hair and made my allergies even worse than they were. I think digging through all the cupboards while prepping the house stirred stuff up badly. Gus is positively transported because my friends who are keeping him have guests who are there to rub his silly head all day. The damned bird is BALD from head rubs already!!! Fish are all still living, so that's a relief. I know the cockatiels are fine b/c they stay where they are often and love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo the hotel sounds great! :D Well except for the yappy dogs.. Sari wants to get a little dog but I really hate yappy dogs. It is good to hear that the rest of the family is doing ok in their various homes while you are waiting. How much longer until you can go back home?

Wow that kid sounds rough. This may sound strange but reading your blog makes me all excited to get into the field. 3 more years to go!!
It sounds like that lady was a little hyped up. I bet your right when you said she might be a control freak. Especailly if shes fighting with other staff. lol

Hey enjoy your forced hotel stay. I hope the time goes by quickly so you can get back to something more comfortable. :0)

D

Donna said...

The hotel sounds wonderful! Which one is it? That's a great price for all the perks. We usually just stay at the Vagabond on Madonna...it's not the greatest place (it needs a paint job and carpet cleaning, for example) but it's about the cheapest in town and it's usually quiet.

Anonymous said...

Just stopped in, hope you are doing well.