Day three of feeling seriously unwell. We ran out of bottled water and because we live way out in the country we decided not to go into town and buy 5 gallons to tide us over. When we first moved here, almost 14 years ago, the neighbors who share our well had the water tested and found e-coli levels unacceptably high. Well water changes with the weather as the level goes up and down, so the test was just a snapshot, but we prefer bottled water anyway. Then again, we brush our teeth and wash our veggies with the tap water and have never gotten sick, and other neighbors drink theirs with no problem (nearby but different wells), so we though we'd be fine. NOT! Drank water on Sunday, got sick Sunday afternoon. Got fresh water on Monday. AR was sick yesterday but is fine today, I am STILL sick. Well shit! Pardon the pun. I suppose it could be coincidence and not related to the water at all.
So I have just three days left, including today, before internship begins! I thought I drove the last piece of paperwork up yesterday, but then they gave me yet another form to fill out which had been left out of the packet. The attitude seemed to be that this was my fault somehow. Now how can I know what forms they forget to include in my packet? Sheesh. The other intern didn't have it either, so at least we're unified. Thankfully these aren't the people we'll work with, rather the personnel admin people. I hear they are short staffed and grumpy. No kidding! I'll just be immensely relieved when all the administrative stuff is done. Besides being overwhelming, it's really repetitive too. So inefficient...
Today is a beautiful day so I'm going to try to drink lots of BOTTLED water and go to the beach later if I feel even halfway up to it. I can sit there just as well as I can sit here, and it will be a nice change. I used to go running on the beach all the time. I sure miss that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hope you're feeling better. Being sick royally sucks!
All better. Thanks!
3 days.....exciting!!
I'm glad to see from the comments that you're feeling better. This reminds me to be grateful for city water -- it may be poisoning us slowly, but doesn't make us sick.
Post a Comment