Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I can see the finish line

It's Wednesday, which means I head to school this afternoon. After this I have just ONE MORE WEEK and I'm done forever. Oh Lord it cannot come fast enough! Except I need time to slow down to get all my work done, of course. I did manage to make a really cool poster for a workshop I'm giving for a forensics class, and I think the accompanying paper is good. It took me three days to create a 20 minute presentation though.

Monday I got a call from the Training Director at my internship. She said that while everything is a go now, she was calling just to let us know that she cannot promise our internships (there are two of us) will be funded. Across the state sites are cowering in terror while the State sniffs around at internships with an eye toward cutting costs. Keeping everything crossed that we are too small a piece of the collective pie to be messed with. In the mean time I'm filling out my FAFSA after all and will apply for everything I can get. Also changing my tune about accepting more hours at Juvenile Hall.

Sucks.

My MRIs came back mostly normal. The lump didn't show at all, which suggests it is a fatty limpoma, since the images were 'fat supressed.' I'm not sure how they do that but I let them know that if they offer just general, day to day fat suppression I'll be the first in line! The cervical scan showed a slight 'intrusion' into the spinal foramen between C5 & C6. That would be the right place to be causing radial numbmess but my doc and the radiologist think it's too small to be interfering with anything. She referred me to a neurologist though, so we'll see what he says about it next Wednesday.

Blah. What a dry and boring post. Felt like I should say something, but really haven't much of interest to say. Sorry readers!

Oh, here I do have a fun tidbit to end with. A client told me he was late for his appointment because he'd worked all weekend doing hard physical labor and rigor mortis had set in over night. Thus he was too stiff to get dressed in time. LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One more week? Wow :)

Good luck on your funding. I've been wondering about that, considering that anything that could help people is being cut.

And I'm glad to hear your MRI was normal. It sure would be nice to know what's causing your symptoms, though!

Donna

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

You must be close to your last class now....:D

As for cutting funding...I'd be freaking!! I'm freaking right now because my apt place is taking forever to approve my paperwork. I must have filled out almost 20 pages of info (no joke). Any day now....moving in 3 weeks.