Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why so sad little girl?

Been down and irritable lately and no clue why. I had a baddish couple of days at practicum. A really rough domestic violence case that didn't belong in the agency. The Executive Director, who occasionally takes calls, for some reason let herself be fast talked out of saying no to a clear cut case of DV. She told them she'd let the intake person make the call, despite the fact that the client said, "I'll just lie in the intake." Guess who did the intake! No dice, no couples therapy, very angry client with history of violence. Grand.

Then I disagreed with my supervisor about a premarital case. Just a difference of perspective about the nature of therapy. Not a big deal but one of a bunch of little disillusionments about someone I have placed on a pedestal. My bad, not his, but then I question if I'm being arrogant and that spirals into a bunch of negative self talk... blah.

I find I'm just out of umph lately and have short termer's syndrome really badly. I do enjoy my forensic's classes though, so that's good. The silly school bookseller is seriously lame this quarter and I have only half my books though, so that's not helping matters any. Should have gone with my usual sources. Live and learn!

No doubt I'll rally and come back here and delete this gloomy rant. I really just want to soak up some sun with a tasty toddy and a junk novel right now. Maybe a hot shower will take away all this negativity, ya think?

4 comments:

Battle Weary said...

Maybe a little time soaking up the sun is exactly what you need!

joy refurbished said...

I think a day of r&r, by the pool is what you need. Good luck

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, my dear. You're close to the finish line!

Donna

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Never buy from the university book store, as they universally are a rip-off.