Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No Rest for the Wicked

Well I got lucky and didn't have to work today after all, so it's a catchall day and comps time. Tomorrow through Sunday I am going back to my folks old place to meet family and go through stuff. Should be easier this time since they are in the new place and struggles over staying and eating in their filthy digs are no longer an issue. Hooray!

Gus is going along, though I know he won't appreciate the all day car ride to get there. My sister and niece will be there too, and later on, my brother in law, who will bring his BIRD dog. They are avid bird hunters, he and she, so I'll probably try out the offer to stay at the new facility (they provide a 2 bedroom suite for visitors at a nightly fee) while the dog family goes to friends' for dinner and the night.

I find I am formulating responses for my comps all through the day if I just read over them each morning and again at lunchtime. At my practicum I snag little bits out of verbiage psych evals to use for constructing a good explanation of why I want to use which tests and what I expect to see for the two testing questions. So it makes me feel a little better about not having many chunks of time to work on them formally. For this trip I won't have internet on my puter because neither the old place or the new has wireless. That's a bitch, but in reality I doub't I'll get much time to work on comps there anyway. I can do quite a bit without having to cite, but I find that when I KNOW I have no connectivity, then I just HAVE to look something up! Well I have gazillions of papers where I've already done that, so I guess I can just search my own private database of work and find articles to site. =) Anyway, I am designating a good two or three hours to them today, so maybe I can knock out another question and be on schedule for this week after all!

Off to get a new travel cage for Gus. I need one with a bigger door on it, because he is NOT impressed with having to ride inside his cage and is getting more and more difficult to stuff in there without bloodshed. He thinks he ought to ride on my shoulder or on top of the cage. Besides not being safe, he's not good at staying put!

Happy day, it's good to be home on a beautiful Wednesday morning! =)

No comments: