The smoke here is insanely thick. I can't imagine how bad it must be closer to the fires! Monday night the smell of woodsmoke was so strong I kept getting out of bed to be sure there were no flames on the hillside. Today though it smells of ash and it's suffocating. I had to bring my cockatiels in for fear they'd keel over in it.
We're well mown and watered, but I still keep checking and rechecking.
The property next door just sold and escrow was supposed to close on Monday, but one member of the buying couple is a firefighter and is on the fire line, unable to sign paperwork. I was blown away to learn that the realtor on the buyer's side is so antsy to have her money she's insisting a special envoy be sent up to the flames to get his signature! Idiot woman. Rome can burn as long as she gets her check...
My allergies are giving me hell. =(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was thinking about you yesterday with the fire south of you. I sure hope everyone down there will be ok.
And that real estate agent? What a twit. I know they're not doing well with their careers, but geez! Her priorities are a bit screwed up.
Donna
Post a Comment