Well the visit to the progressive care place went great, except Dad was in too much pain to go, so we're staying another day and he's going back with us tomorrow. Mom liked it, but is more than a little ambivalent about moving. Dad, on the other hand, was convinced by my very articulate sister (aided by pictures she took while we were there and the fact that it turns out this company is the same one my two grandmother's were with in their old age) and is ready to move sight unseen. We won't quite go there until we've seen a few more, but it's very encouraging. It also made the home health care nurse's visit go better when we told her they were in transition to a new situation.
Mom discovered she had no underwear this morning and simply said thankyou when I showed her the "underwear with a pad built in"
Today we've been cleaning out their sheds with the same group who cleaned the house the past couple of days. A wonderful family who offers all purpose service. The neighbors spied them at work and came over to hire them for more work across the street when they're done here! That might help Dad maintain the cleaning service until they are moved elsewhere.
So all in all I'm optomisitic. I'm still emotionally struggling (personality stuff - family or origin conflicts etc) but knowing that perhaps they are going to actually address the problems and fix them SOON is a huge help. I'm very anxious about what I'm not doing for myself, but the thought that these trips to work with my parents on every little crisis are not going to go on and on and on.
I am SOOOO ready to go home. I never do well with my folks for more than a day or two and we're on day 5 now. Ugh.... soon now, soon.
************************************************************************************
UPDATE!
W00T!!!! They put down a deposit on a 2 bedroom apartment in the place we looked at Saturday and again today. Dad wants to move THIS WEEK! Wow, after 5+ years of trying to get them to do this it's a little shocking to have it happen in a weekend's time. Good shock though. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear you feel there is progress.
I hope you're able to go home soon.
It sounds like things with your parents are going really well. But I hope you will have some time to relax soon! You deserve a break that feels like a break.
Not easy stuff to deal with. I hope you're getting a bit of down time but it doesn't sound like you are. It's so difficult when parents get older.
Donna
Post a Comment