Sunday, June 22, 2008

How you know it's TOO DAMNED HOT!!!

So the day I got here I left an unopened diet 7-Up in my car. The next day it got up to 114 degrees and I went out to the car to get something. There was this funny little silver disk on the floor and as I looked at it I realized... oh my shit, this is the lid to a can! Yep, the sucker had boiled and blown the top of the can off, spraying 3/4 of the can of soda all over the inside of my car. The bottom of the can was pushed out about an inch, too. No harm done (that I've discovered so far) and thank heavens it was diet. I was thinking as how it must have been pretty damned dramatic to be in there as it happened though!

I wonder how hot it got inside the car to do that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what a mess!

Since you've been away at the parents, you missed a nasty heat wave. It's been crazy hot, even up toward your place. Thankfully, it's starting to calm down a bit!

Donna

Di Di said...

Yikes, that is hot! I would like to see it happen in slow motion (to someone else's car, of course).

Mamabeek said...

Yeah, Donna, I heard it was 117 in our town and 110 down where I work at the JH. WOW!!! At least here it's not so humid. I take it your neck of the woods was pretty horrible too?

Anonymous said...

It was quite hot here but not as hot as it was at your place. I couldn't believe it when I looked at my weather list and kept seeing the temps in your area keep climbing. I had to check other weather stations in the area to see if it wasn't a misfunction or something! Thankfully, it's done for now. They keep saying that this summer will be a hot one. Hopefully it won't be quite that hot again.

Donna

Psych Post Doc said...

Wow, that is friggen hot. Glad it didn't break any windows or anything.