Monday, May 12, 2008

Gawd...

Watched two of several new Prop 21 minors marched off to court in shackles. These minors are accused of participating in a gang related murder. Looks like the judge wants to make an example of them, so the rumor at the Hall is that the prosecutor will be asking for either life or the death penalty, even for the minors. Ouch! These sorts of cases are always so protracted that I imagine these kids will be with us for some time to come. I've done therapy with a minor being tried as an adult for murder in the past, but don't know if I'll be asked to work with any of these. I think I'd rather not, simply because I'm not so keen on being subpoenaed at this stage in my career. It's sad that this sort of crime is skyrocketing in our area lately. Of course it goes without saying that it's sad that it happens anywhere.

Mmm... AR made me a really nice supper tonight, complete with a delightful toddy. I'm regretting the toddy a little now though, as it's not looking likely that I'll get any more homework done before bed.

4 comments:

Psych Post Doc said...

What an ass your sup is. I'd be like "gee I can't imagine why I'd be so worked up over a little mistake".

I couldn't imagine counseling minors who are being tried as adults. I can see why you'd rather avoid being subpoenaed at this stage though.

Di Di said...

Ugh.. sometimes nothing is more maddening than inconsistency.

After my little (very minor) screw up last week, I live in fear of screwing up again... because if he got that angry over something tiny, what if I screw up something with actual consequences? But I think he has no idea how this looms in my mind.

Awful about the Prop 21 minors.. our justice system is so barbaric for a so-called civilized world.

Mamabeek said...

Today my mandatory mistake was a mouse thing. I learned that it is SHOCKINGLY presumptuous to just switch out mice from one puter to another when the one you need isn't working properly (PAI-A scoring program is mouse driven so it was a serious nuisance). No, you must call General Services and they will inform IT and THEY will come and fix your mouse. Yeah right...

Being as oppositional as they come, I just opened the damned thing, popped the ball out and scraped all the funk of the wheelies with my fingernail. Mouse is as good as new now, but I am in the doghouse for tampering with county equipment.

It couldn't be helped, my scoring was perfect today. Maybe he thought I'd feel unloved if he didn't bark at me about something. LOL!

Anonymous said...

If you are in the doghouse for cleaning a mouseball, someone there at the County needs to get a life and move on! How silly. I'm sure this sort of thing will be something that you won't miss when the job is all done.

Donna