Monday, April 21, 2008

Somthing New!

Just when I think I have done everything I can possibly expect to do in this practicum, yet another new experience has come along! Today we worked on a competency evaluation; competency to stand trial, that is. Not much turnaround time, so when it looked like the answer was probably no, and since there was not time for a full eval before the court date, we were then asked to do competency coaching. I had a fascinating session with the client today and will follow up with another session tomorrow. Didn't know that this happened; the coaching part. I assumed that if the person was not competent to stand trial then there was no trial; end of story! Anyway, I certainly never dreamed I'd be doing this sort of work at my practicum location, and didn't even know the coaching work existed. Very cool experience!

Friday I will be doing some neuropsych testing for my professor. I'm delighted to be able to add these to my CV and it will kick start my work in the practicum too, since I'll be able to do neuros there without so much hand holding. It is just so cool how the profs at my school go out of their way to make sure we get the experiences we need. I'll likely end up with more integrated reports than most people get during the course of testing internships, let alone during the practicum phase!

And now for something completely different. I'm looking at my Twitter history so far and thinking that I do nothing but WHINE about not feeling well. Wow... must change that for sure; both the whining AND the not feeling well. :p

3 comments:

Di Di said...

I didn't even notice you were on Twitter -- I'm now following you!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you coached for trail comp. either. interesting. Sounds like you are really enjoying your time there!! What is twitter?

Mamabeek said...

www.twitter.com

If you see my whole page it's on the left, like the third thing down. Just a little place where you say what you're doing right now. Silly but once you start following a few friends it's kinda fun!