Monday, March 10, 2008

Blast From the Past

Yet another new and interesting case! I am going to administer both the Roberts Apperception Test for Children(RATC) and a Rorschach to a a 6 year old child next week. This should be fascinating! Good for the old CV, but man, the RATC is such a horrifically DATED test! Same artist as the TAT, but all the cards have children on them. And so culture bound too...

So just one week to go now... no, actually four days and I am out for spring break. HOORAY!!! Only putting in half a practicum day tomorrow, which is a blessing. I have a huge hairy Rorschach report to complete, among other things. Really not too bad though, because I've been doing an average of one paper and one presentation a week all term, so I have just one of each again this week. Other students have let it pile up and have papers and presentations in every class this week. Ukk!!! It's always stressful to go early, but so much better in the long run if you can manage it.

This week I haven't been able to make myself do anything school related. I'm beyond burned out. The weather is spectacular and all I want to do is spring cleaning, mowing, hiking and just basically ANYTHING that isn't related to school or my practicum. Bring on the break!!!

Entree is still doing well. He's rallied after his battle with the gopher (bite and ensuing infection) and we're back to wondering if someone made a mistake and swapped the sonograms or something. Not really, he's thinner and his feet have sore spots, but it doesn't prevent him from getting out and about and into everything.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Good to hear Entree is doing ok :)

That would be so cool to give a Rorschach to a little kid! I've only done it with adults and that would be an interesting experience.

Too bad there's nothing else to use besides the RATC or the TAT, or is there? They're so old, they're almost comical.

Enjoy your break!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear entree is doing well - i didnt know he got bit by a gofer!! thats crazy. i hope you write about your experience with the Rorsh kid - i would like to know how it went. have fun on your break :)