I thig I'b goig to subbocade. I HATE ALLERGIES!!! Seems as if this year is going to be a doozy allergy-wise. Yesterday was a study in misery, which I couldn't fully appreciate because my eyes were so swollen I couldn't see my ghastliness properly in the mirror. Ugh!
The soonest I can get in to see an allergist is June 19th, so until then I am trying to be 'proactive' and do inellegent things like, um... washing the cats. Yeah, ok, maybe the snot in my brain has left me a tad impaired. Allerpet has a spray you can mist your cat with for a once-a-week wipe down that's supposed to help. I'll try that just as soon as I have the butterfly bandages and home stitching kit in hand. In the mean time just keeping the cats out of the bedroom is a daunting task. Even more daunting is the job of keeping my damned fingers out of my eyeballs. Akkk! Does anyone make a topical anesthetic that you can put on the rims of your eyelids?
Got to do more research on HEPA filters so I can decide which outrageously expensive unit is the best, and then choose which room to put it in. A friend suggested putting filter material on the back of a regular box fan and running it on low near where the birds hang out. Since they're out all day when I am home, this may really help the early morning fluffies, after they've quietly dusted the kitchen as they sleep overnight.
Over the years Allegra, Zyrtec and Clariton have all let me down such that I am now completely without relief. The idea of desensitizing shots is not a happy one, so wish me luck that there will be some viable alternative... stearoid shots maybe?
Russ keeps telling me fish are nice. We have 18 fish and they don't bite, screech, shed, hurk up gophers on the carpet or make my eyes swell shut. I think he has something there... Not much help for the 1000 acres of blooming grasses and mustard surrounding my house though. Sigh.
Ain't life grand?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment