And the grass is riz and riz and riz despite how often we cut it! But what a beautiful spring it is here. Shockingly green and the creek running consistently, which it hasn't for several years now. My allergies are insane, but the meds are at least marginally managing them, so it's bearable so far.
Been such a long time since I've updated here! I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with this blog, but haven't really settled on anything new or different.
The internship is going great and I'm back on track with my dissertation so that's all good. We've been getting some amazing cases lately, and I've been working on parental fitness cases more heavily than juvenile cases this time around, so I'm honing a different set of skills.
Just back from a Pediatric Neuropsych conference and have a head full of ideas! Besides the conference being thought provoking (this one always is) I also spent four days rooming with a fellow intern and a trainee, both very sharp women who are passionate about their work. We stayed up until the wee hours every night discussing our fields, testing each other with new instruments, and networking like crazy with others at the conference. It was a heady experience! Whenever I hang around with research focused people I get all worked up and want to go back into research, but then I truly want to be primarily clinical. It's always a little bittersweet reminding myself that I don't want that lifestyle, despite the thrill that comes come with it. Keeping up lots of connections is good though. I wouldn't mind writing a book chapter or two or participating in a clinical study on some level. Sigh... I'm 43 years old and I STILL can't make up my mind what I want to be when I grow up!
My own therapy is interesting, though the connection with my T isn't all it could be so I think now that she's helped me work through the bulk of the trauma I'm going to stop and seek someone else out for longer term support. I just take it for granted that I'll always be dipping in and out of my own therapy to manage family and professional stuff, so I'd really like to find someone I can keep going back to.
The whole Azkaban internship debacle is still sending aftershocks. The training director there has continued harassing me by making calls to my school about one thing and another. This person is so far out of bounds, both professionally and emotionally, that for anyone who had doubts it is now crystal clear where the problem lay. Thanks to this being a small community, and several of my classmates working in the state penal system, I've gotten other feedback about these people. This comes primarily from sources who know nothing about me or my experience, and are voicing negative impressions about their own interactions. If down the line I feel like grieving this, it seems I would have more support than I knew. Still not willing to go there though, or at least not unless I can find some way to do it that doesn't feel negative.
Apologies that I haven't been on the blogsphere at all lately, and haven't checked in to see how everyone else is doing and what they're up to. I'll get around the neighborhood this week though, and get back in the swing. Life is picking back up for me, so my time is once again in short supply on every front. Some day I am not going to be a student... at least not officially. I don't know if I'll like that or not, but I definitely think the idea of a little more down time is appealing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We've both been harassed, but for different reasons. :( I'm sorry you're still dealing with that shit, but glad that people are starting to believe your side of the story. Sounds like you're in a much better place now, so good riddance to them.
I'm glad things have turned around for you. Welcome back!
Post a Comment