Anyway, this is a very new area of research and there's virtually nothing out there on it. Among that small crowd, however, one person stands head and shoulders above the rest. I've been grousing that I can't ask him, and can't find anyone else, so I shot him an e-mail asking if he had any suggestions for me (after duly gushing over his work) and wondering if he'd consider being on my committee if I could convince the chair to change her mind. His reply? Well he didn't even touch my question about a referral, rather he said... and I quote,
I am sorry to tell you that, unfortunately I do not sit on committees for the Psy.D., only for the Ph.D.
Like I said, wow. Guess that put me in MY place!!!
4 comments:
Hmmm...It sounds to me like he is really putting himself in HIS place. A place of rudeness, arrogance, and limiting future connections with outstanding colleagues! I truly do not understand the PhD-PsyD "stuff" that goes on. Of course, I don't understand the MD-advanced practice nursing "stuff" in the UK, or the MD-NP-PA "stuff", or the ADN-BSN stuff. Can't we all just get along? :P
Unfortunately some people still have issues about the PsyD-PhD distinction. I don't get it - yes there are a wide variety of PsyDs and some are not so great - but there are a lot of crappy PhD programs too!
Ugh - what a jerk! But thank god you avoided having him on your committee, since the last thing you want is someone who doesn't respect with you and is impossible to work with.
What an ass. There's just no reason for that.
Good luck finding someone else who doesn't have their head stuck up their ass.
Post a Comment