Tuesday, January 19, 2010

VINDICATION!!!

So today I got an e-mail from the Director of Training at my school saying that the faculty met and agreed that the feedback I received from my internship site was specific to that institution. They said they feel very confident about my professional competence and support me in beginning a new internship. My plan to start part time and move to full time in the summer is being reviewed to be sure the State internship program is ok with it, but they don't anticipate it being a problem.

So hopefully that will be that and the TD at the prison (I've taken to calling it Azkaban) will leave well enough alone. I'm still working at Juvenile Hall and with luck will be back in the swing of the internship next week!

I hate coming here and just whining whining whining all the time, but it seemed that mess just consumed my every waking moment! The support I've gotten here has been wonderful though, and I can't tell you how much it has helped!

Still though, I'm looking forward now to having more interesting things to blog about. Like, for example, the fact that I am seriously crippled by overdoing on my new Wii. LOL! But seriously, I have promised myself that I'll add in one non-technical book to my list at all times, to be read in bed and on weekends. And should post pictures of our lovely canyon all wet and wild with the creek raging (while it lasts, poor dry CA is soaking up water like a sponge just now). I'm going to lunches and breakfasts with friends and watching more movies with AR in the evenings. Trying to restore balance in my world...

2 comments:

Psych Post Doc said...

Yay, this is great news. Of course this situation consumed you, you were in an evil place and they were trying to screw with your career and leave a black mark on your record. I am so glad you're out of there and on to better and healthier things.

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Your focus on the situation is understandable, especially considering the professional implications. I'd be a mess if I had to go through that...post-doc apps are bad enough!