Monday, December 14, 2009

Ok.... ALL the way through!

So I officially announced my resignation from my internship today. I have another one already lined up, though it is unpaid. At this point I'm fine with that and am delighted at the prospect of going back to the land of the sane. It's the same site I was at for 18 months in my testing practicum and is heavily neuropsych, so I'm excited.

My Training Director at the site was very supportive (someone dust the boot print off my backside, please) and as long as the consortium has no bones to pick, I'll be let out of my APPIC contract. She counseled me on the best way to approach the next internship to minimize the damage from this, but I refrained from singing "I already have one. Nyeah Nyeah!" and thanked her for her advice. Now I just have to get through Wed-Fri wrapping up loose ends, terminating with clients etc. Hopefully that will be all there is to do, though it's possible the consortium might have some other requirements for me. Hoping not. The sooner I can put this behind me the better. I will have many years of therapy in my future examining what the hell happened between my primary supervisor and me. I never dreamed anyone could screw with my mind that easily! But that's all grist for the mill too. Knowing about those particular buttons will make me a better psychologist.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter! Just not so thrilled about the last few pages of this one...

5 comments:

I said...

Sounds like like is looking better! I am glad you got yourself into a internship that you are excited about.

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Wow...I'm glad you got it all to work out. I guess I didn't realize how bad it was for you there. I feel really lucky about mine, even if it isn't perfect, it at least works.

Di Di said...

I'm so glad that you're getting out of a bad situation. Having the right supervisor makes a world of difference. You will be so much happier in your new internship!

Psycgirl said...

Oh my goodness, my mouth literally dropped open when I read this! I didn't realize how horrible internship was (but of course you have to dilute these thing on blogs). Glad you have something else lined up and hope you have a seamless transition :)

Psych Post Doc said...

Sorry this comment is so late. I am so glad you got away from that toxic supervisor.