Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy to be Home

Having a really nice break from the world here. We opted not to go anywhere for the holidays this year. For one, I'm in need of major down time and for two we're broke. For three, Entree needs his meds twice a day and he tends to hide from people I leave to care for him, so now that he's on the "way past miraculous he's still breathing" end of his illness we don't dare leave him. All that's not so bad seeing as we live in a destination spot so going down the street to dinner means ocean side views. Life is so hard... ;p

We had a great Thanksgiving dinner by the sea, and then today we had a lovely brunch for our 22nd anniversary. It's cold and stormy out today, but I don't mind. We SOOOO need rain, I'm keeping everything crossed for it.

My sister set my dad up on Facebook this week. It's a love hate thing having him there. He's got no boundaries and will post bizarre things on my wall (already has), but on the other hand he'll be much more connected to us this way. Anything that helps out with his isolation as my mother continues to decline, mentally, is a plus.

And my birds are so fun. They make it hard to get anything done, but since they've been in (nasty cold wind) today, I've been playing "getchoo getchoo" and "gimme that thing!" with my two parrots all day. They're such little clowns...

1 comment:

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

I miss the short walk to the beach/ocean.:(