Well my sister's tests were done and nothing looked overtly wrong to have caused her symptoms. No masses, which is the biggest thing. They did find a hiatal hernia, but she hasn't been having symptoms from that, so it must be quite mild. Once the results of her labs and biopsies come in we'll hopefully have an answer. So it's halfway good news and halfway hurry up and wait.
Mom and Entree are doing well. Both are not bouncing back dramatically, but neither is losing ground, so that's good.
Got home from the airport very late Wed and was at work first thing in the morning. Yesterday was all day didactic in a city 2 1/2 hours away so we had to leave the prison at 6am in our state car to get there. YAAAAWN! I am NOT a morning person. The presenter was excellent; a blessing considering the topic was law and ethics. Great discussions with sharp minds. LOVED it!
I'm so totally discombobulated after all this upset I can't seem to get my head on straight. Need to get my dissertation back on track and dug out of this damned pig stye of a house! Wish we could afford a housekeeper. AR's game is close to release now and since they posted it on TouchArcade it's been getting amazing levels of interest. They need to strike while the iron is hot, so he's working around the clock to that end. Needless to say, vacuuming and decluttering isn't anywhere on his agenda. Sigh.
Exiting times though. It's way cool to meet with other inters from around the state and who come from around the country, and hear about their experiences. There are three mandatory meetings like this where everyone under the umbrella consortium (33 sites I think) comes together. This was the first one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I totally understand needing to find some rhythm. I'm in the same boat. And my poor dissertation really needs some attention. It's kind of easy on internship to forget you still have to do that thing, isn't it?
It is.
It doesn't help to learn that because my internship goes through the end of July I can't officially graduate until September. Gee... now I have even more time to diddle!
I'm not going for a formal postdoc, but even so I suspect the sooner I get the diss done the more competitive I'll be for the next step. Just sooooo... not motivated to do anything outside the job.
My fellow intern is in almost exactly the same spot I am, but she's even less motivated than I!
That's great your site offers training with other interns. We have a "sister hospital" that we do a lot of cross-training with, and it definitely helps to have more people to talk about the process, etc.
Yeah, TR, I really love the didactics for this reason. Our 'local' consortium consists of three sites, so we rotate around every Friday and have training at each other's sites. Then once a month we go to a big one where there are more sites represented. I didn't realize this would be the case or how cohesive the consortium was, so it's a big bonus for me! They elect a student rep each year and have a graduation ceremony at the end where they give awards for Intern of the Year and so forth. It's a neat setup!
Great that you have some cross-training as well. I think it's fantastic to get some alternative perspectives and have a little more of a support network.
I'm glad that so far the news about your family (including your cat) is good... and will hope for the best for your sister.
Also congratulations to AR, it sounds like an exciting project.
Post a Comment